Sunday, November 21, 2010

Saturday Six on Sunday

I like to take stock of what books I have here at the house over the weekend and then try to figure out what books I want to read through the week. Not that I usually get six books read a week, but a girl can hope.  My Saturday was a little crazy what with all the reading and relaxing I was doing, so I decided to take this on today instead. 
 The End of Marking Time by C.J. West
Gifted housebreaker, Michael O'Connor, awakens inside an ultramodern criminal justice system where prison walls are replaced by surveillance equipment and a host of actors hired to determine if he is worthy of freedom. While he was sleeping, the Supreme Court declared long term incarceration to be cruel and unusual punishment and ordered two million felons released. The result was utter chaos and the backlash from law-abiding citizens and police departments reshaped the United States. Felons now enter reeducation programs where they live freely among the population. At least that's what they think. In reality they are enslaved to an army of counselors and a black box that teaches them everything they failed to learn from kindergarten through adulthood. Michael believes he's being tested by the black box, but what he slowly begins to realize is that everything he does is evaluated to determine whether he lives or dies.

The Secret of Ka by Chistopher Pike:
One minute Sara's bored on vacation in Istanbul. The next, she's unearthed a flying carpet that cleverly drags her to the mysterious Island of the Djinn—or genies. By her side is Amesh, a cute guy she has a crush on but doesn't yet trust. When Amesh learns the secret of invoking djinn, he loses control. He swears he'll call upon only one djinn and make one wish. The plan sounds safe enough. But neither Sara nor Amesh are any match for the monster that that swells before them. It hypnotizes Amesh, compelling him to steal Sara's flying carpet and leave her stranded on the island.
Discovering the carpet has sparked a new path for Sara, one that will lead her to battle creatures even deadlier than djinn. In this fight, Sara can save mankind, herself, or the boy she cares for. Who will she be forced to sacrifice?

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Is love a disease that needs a cure? According to the government in this alternate present, yes.


The Lost City of Atlantis: Traveling Trunk Adventure 2 by Ben Flinders
Reading this one with my six year old son.  Review will be coming soon.

Afterlife by Claudia Gray
Readers have fallen in love with Bianca and Lucas, and they will be thrilled to read this exciting conclusion to their romantic adventure. I know I'm thrilled to have gotten this from netgalley and can't wait to read it.  I think it's next after I finish reading..............


Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I love, love, yes, LOVE this cover and enjoy sharing it with you whenever I can.  I'm hoping to finish this tonight.  Review coming soon. 








1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!