Monday, October 8, 2012

Review: Time Out by Leah Spiegel

Time Out (Foolish Games book 2)
Author: Leah Spiegel
Release Date: September 22, 2012
Genre: YA/New Adult Romance
Published By: Kindle Edition

Summary from Goodreads:
Joie and her friends are continuing to follow the Grimm Brother’s Band across their countrywide tour. They thought the worst was behind them but they had no idea that things were just getting started. Terrorists’ bombings call for all entertainment venues to be on high alert. With all of the new staff and crew members, the band finds it hard to know who to trust. Meanwhile things begin to heat up between Joie and Hawkins in and out of the bedroom when an ex-fiancĂ© suddenly shows up on the scene but the real surprise has yet to come. If the band wants to continue on the tour, they must figure out who is really behind it all before time runs out…

You can get a copy and you should here



My Review:
warning: this review has a lot of potential for supreme fan girl gushing

Leah Spiegel has become one of my most favorite authors with her Foolish Games YA/New Adult books. I'm pretty sure that I loved Time Out even more than Foolish Games. Right away I was yelling "no! no, no, no! Joie and Hawkins don't need any more complications!!!" I guess I was wrong though because the complications were vast and I loved every minute of it. Really, I'm not exaggerating. Every. Single. Minute.

Time Out pretty much starts off right where Foolish Games ends so we've gotten to know all of the characters and have already fallen in love with them. This allowed for the story to get right to it and  to quickly suck you in. Luckily I started this book on my vacation because there was no way I could put it down once I started reading.

I love how Spiegel writes a book that has it all. Drama, Romance, Mystery, and Suspense! Hawkins and Joie's sexual tensions are as hot as ever. Joie is such a great female protagonist, she's tough, snarky, and loyal to a fault. Hawkins, Hawkins, Hawkins, oh what can I say about sexy sexy Hawkins, I'm so totally in love with Hawkins! Yeah, he makes some dumb decisions but he always seems to make them in the name of love. How can you not love a guy that just wants his girl to be safe. Sexy Sigh!

Another thing that I love about the Foolish Games books are the amazing side characters. The building romance between Riley and a certain someone (no spoilers) is a great addition to the story and I really hope we get to see more of it in the next book. Yep, you heard me, I heard from a very reliable source that there will indeed be another book! Squeal!!!! Lizzie's character was toned down a bit and I'm not sure if I'm glad of that or not but I'm looking forward to where the story is heading for her as well. Obviously I can't wait to read book 3!

Plot: Contemporary perfection

Characters: Perfectly flawed and wonderfully written
Writing: So much fun to get totally lost in
Ending: Wraps up the current situation while setting things up for future wonderfulness
Overall: Really, what else can I possibly gush on about. Spiegel writes a gripping romantic tale with hot rock stars, a beautiful gay best friend, and suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Yeah, ok it's official  I've definitely gushed enough about this one.
Mature Content:The characters in this book are out of high school so the situations are definitely a bit older than the average YA contemporary. However, the sexual scenes while hot are not graphic at all.

Recommendation: If you are loving the New Adult contemporaries the way I am then I highly recommend The Foolish Games books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!