Thursday, November 17, 2011

Neurotic Thoughts on Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Released: December 10, 2010
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Published by: Dutton
Source: borrowed from my local library
Pages: 372
ISBN: 0525423273

Summary from Goodreads:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?



I'm finding this review so hard to write mostly because of how much I LOVED this book! This was one of those books that sucked me in from the very first page. Stephanie Perkins has a way of writing a book that makes you to feel what her characters are feeling. She makes you love the people that they love, and hate the ones that they hate.

While reading AATFK I was IN Paris. I don't know if Perkins has ever been to Paris or if she just did her research VERY well, and really how would I know cuz I've never been to Paris, but she wrote it just the way I imagine Paris to be. I also loved that she didn't throw in all the usual places you read about. I mean they were in there to a degree, but she focused more on the things you would want to find if you were living there and not just visiting. 

Anna was a great character even when she was being annoying and unreasonable she was so real. I felt like she was my friend that was driving me crazy, and not just a book character I was reading about. As my friend I wanted her to be happy, and get the guy. Then Perkin's went and wrote this amazingly flawed character, St. Claire. I really couldn't help myself from falling for him.  Even though he made me so mad sometimes I couldn't help but adore him, it was easy to see why Anna was so head over heels for him.  

Stephanie Perkins just became one of those authors for me that I will have to read every book she writes as soon as it's released! 



2 comments:

  1. I have just finished reading the book and I LOVE it! Thanks to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad my recommendation paid off for you. I think I like Lola and the Boy Next Door even more. Let me know which one you liked better!
    Shari (My Neurotic Book Affair)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!