Friday, May 3, 2013

Suicide Note by Teresa Mummert


Suicide Note
Author: Teresa Mummert
Release Date: March 13, 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary

Sometimes in life it feels like everything that can go wrong does, but everything happens for a reason. A relationship crumbles so someone else can mend the pieces of your broken heart. A change of plans can lead you to something you didn’t even know you were missing. You help others and discover that it was you who needed to be helped all along. 

Jenn’s life is nothing as she had imagined it would be. She is twenty-something with a failing career and her love life has officially ended with an ultimate act of betrayal. She is ready to throw away her dreams when a chance run-in with a soldier, dealing with his own misfortunes, alters her course and changes her perspective on life.


My Thoughts

This is a hard review for me to write. I liked Suicide Note but I didn't love it. I can't even really explain why I didn't love it. Honestly, I'm afraid that within a few weeks I won't remember much of what happened. I don't mean to sound harsh or even be overly critical of this book, just being honest. 

The worst part is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this book. Really. I just wasn't able to connect with any of the characters emotionally. I have been in love with New Adult novels this year (including a few of Mummert's other novels) and was really excited to read this one. The plot is definitely original especially in the New Adult category. The writing was good and I was interested in what was going on I just never got emotional about anything even during the scenes when I should have. If you have been following my blog for any length of time you know I get emotional pretty easily. I wonder if part of the problem for me was that the characters were a little too perfect? 

I really hope that if this book sounds good to you that you will still give it a try despite my lukewarm feelings. 






1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!