Author: Ashley Wilcox
Genre: Adult Erotic Romance
Release Date: June 19, 2013
Summary From Goodreads
From the moment Nolan Pratt walked into Alexa Arnold’s life everything was forever changed. After a year of dating, the ring was on her finger, the house was purchased, and life was heading down Pleasantville Lane. Everything was perfect.
Or so they thought.
With help from his parent’s inheritance, Nolan takes on a new business adventure, utilizing all his free time. What was once their life- carefree with minimal responsibilities, is no more. When Alexa starts to feel the pressure from school, wedding planning, and lack of help from Nolan, exhaustion kicks in and feelings get hurt, testing the strength of their relationship. But, if there is one thing that Nolan will never compromise, it’s Alexa’s happiness. There’s nothing Nolan Pratt won’t do to make sure Alexa is well taken care of, loved, and happy.
When Nolan’s past resurfaces- a past that Alexa didn’t know existed- will it all be too much? Will Nolan’s devotion to Alexa’s happiness cost him their relationship and lose him the only thing that has ever mattered in his life? Or will Nolan discover that his past doesn’t determine his future and he is worth the happiness he doesn’t think he deserves?
This review is proving to be a really difficult one for me to write. There was a lot I liked about this novel but there was also a lot I didn't like. So I think I will write this review a little differently.
What I Liked About Giving You Forever
- Nolan adores Alexa and isn't afraid to show her how strongly he feels about her.
- He also doesn't mind others knowing how much he cares for Alexa. Every girl should have a Nolan in their life.
- Alexa's new friend Jamie was a great side character and I would love to read more about him.
- The second half of Giving You Forever, I felt like the meat of the story was really in the second half.
What I Didn't Like So Much
- Alexa can be a bit off putting sometimes. I get that she loves Nolan because she says she does not because she shows she does the way Nolan does. She often comes off as selfish.
- The first half of the book was a bit slow for me. It was very everyday life with sex thrown in a lot.
- As an erotic novel I was a little disappointed in this book. There was plenty of sex it just felt like the same sex scene over and over again.
- I was so disappointed in Nolan at the end of the story. His actions seemed very out of character and it felt like unnecessary angst.
- As much as I appreciate Nolan and Alexa's love for each other their constant lovey doveyness can be a little much. A tad saccharine even.
I'm glad I was able to read Giving You Forever and that I could experience Nolan and Alexa's happily ever after even if it wasn't my favorite Ashley Wilcox novel.
*this book was given to me in exchange for an honest review