Sunday, May 1, 2011

On My Wish List (6) Enclave, Wingless, Stones to Ashes

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post(found at Book Chick City). If you want to know more click here.
 
Enclave
Author: Ann Aguirre
Released: April 12, 2011
Summary from Goodreads:

New York City has been decimated by war and plague, and most of civilization has migrated to underground enclaves, where life expectancy is no more than the early 20's. When Deuce turns 15, she takes on her role as a Huntress, and is paired with Fade, a teenage Hunter who lived Topside as a young boy. When she and Fade discover that the neighboring enclave has been decimated by the tunnel monsters—or Freaks—who seem to be growing more organized, the elders refuse to listen to warnings. And when Deuce and Fade are exiled from the enclave, the girl born in darkness must survive in daylight, in the ruins of a city whose population has dwindled to a few dangerous gangs. As the two are guided by Fade’s long-ago memories, they face dangers, and feelings, unlike any they’ve ever known.

WHY I WANT IT? Cuz this book sounds like one that will keep you on the edge of your seat!

Wingless 
Author: Cydney Lawson
Release: March 6, 2011
Summary from Goodreads:

Charlie thought his summer was going to end like every other summer before it. With a growing sense of forboding and a waning sense of freedom. Until Tane landed on his front lawn in a crumpled heap claiming to be from heaven. A place much darker and much greater than he'd ever imagined. Tane is on a mission to find a Septar, a citizen of Fismuth that was left behind when she was supposed to have been taken. And when she enlists the help of Charlie and his friends, she pulls them into a world of danger, love, and ultimately, heavenly rewards.

WHY I WANT IT? Cuz this sounds like a completely different take on Angels and did you see, danger and love!?

Stones to Ashes
Author: Kailin Gow
Release Date: January 7, 2011
Summary from Goodreads:

"What do you learn here...at the Academy?" Wirt asks. "Magic? The responsibility to use your powers responsibly?" "Uh...something like that," his roommate Spencer said. "More like how to rule worlds."
Wirt, is used to being shuffled from foster home to foster home, adopting a devil-may-care attitude toward the world along the way. Now he s in a school he can't escape, learning to develop his latent magical abilities, for what use, he doesn't know...to save his world or to destroy it...

WHY I WANT IT? I mean really, can you go wrong with magic in a school?!


So what books are waiting and wishing for this week?



 

4 comments:

  1. I want to read Enclave too! I've seen so many good reviews for it already that I can't resist. Hope you get the chance to read all of these soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I haven't heard of any of these. But definitely adding Wingless to my TBR stash.

    Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent and Illusions, both get released this Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am the author of Wingless. It's so nice to see that you've taken an interest in my book. Definitely adding your book blog to my favorites. (I'm a tad obsessed with book blogs. Ah! Save me!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!