Monday, February 6, 2012

Neurotic Thoughts - Carpe Corpus

Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires Book 6)
Author: Rachel Caine
Release Date: June 2, 2009
Genre: YA Paranormal
Published by: Signet
Source: borrowed from my lovely friend Lauren
Summary from Goodreads
In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace-until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants-the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?


What can I say about these books that hasn't already been said? Rachel Caine is brilliant,  six books into a series and she can still throw in plot twists and turns that keep me guessing every single time! I know when I pick up one of these books that I can't have anything important to do because once I start I'm not going to stop until I'm done! 


The characters are perfection every book. I love how Claire gets stronger and stronger, she has really learned how to hold her own. Mrynin, oh my gawd! that vamp, he keeps on surprising me! I loved the addition of Ada the computer type machine that took Mrynin 300 years to build. Of course I'm still loving Shane and Claire together. Towards the end I was freaking out thinking NO!!! you can't leave it here, you just can't!! I'll let you read for yourself to find out if she left it there or not. I'll be picking up book seven just as soon as I can clear a day to read uninterrupted.


If you haven't read The Morganiville Vampires then what are you waiting for? Pick it up you won't regret it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!