Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday Ember by Madison Daniel


"You play music!" he shouted again and I couldn't help but laugh. So I decided to have a little fun with him. 


"What gave it away? The concert tee I was wearing? The headphones I have sticking out of my ears?" I leaned into him a little. "Or was it the giant guitar I have strapped across my back?" I finished with a polite wink. He stood there pondering what to say for a moment.


"Your fingers. I know an ax man's fingers when I see them." He was quickly and easily excited. 

Teaser from page 47






Summary From Goodreads:
Love never dies...but it can kill.

Ember is the story of Max Valentine, a teenager with secret abilities and many inner demons. His life revolves around music and his love for it. When his father dies he seeks answers with his last living relative, his fathers brother Frank. Frank lives on the island of Maui and eagerly takes Max in as his own. Max soon learns that healing his past will be more difficult than he could have ever believed. Two major complications will tempt and torment him as he tries to make sense of his abilities.

The first temptation comes in the form of a mysterious island girl. Asia Lyn Michaels is rich, spoiled, angry and beautiful. Her path crosses with Max on the beach one afternoon, forever changing both of their lives. Max saves her life and she discovers his secret. From that moment on they are connected, no matter how much they fight it.

The second temptation will test Max’s very soul. Samantha Ann Summers is sweet, artistic, smart and confident. She will help Max find his smile again and maybe even heal his past mistakes. She is possibly his soul mate and Max will fight that with every fiber of his being.

Max’s temper and indecision with the girls will send in motion events that will cost him dearly. He will test the limits of his powers and the new relationship with his protective uncle. He will gain a powerful love and lose another.


Miz B hosts Teaser Tuesday every week, check her out for the official rules.  I never seem to be able to stick to the rule about only 2 sentences.
I love reading teasers so let me know where I can view yours in the comments. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. OOoh!! Interesting! Haven't heard of this one!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I haven't heard of this book either, but I do love that cover art.

    Here's my TT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!