Monday, January 16, 2012

Guestpost by: The Lovely Mary Ting author of Crossroads and Between




What was the best birthday party you ever had?  Why was it the best?

My best birthday party was my 40th surprise party thrown by my husband, about two years ago. I just told you how young I am…lol!!!  My husband told me in advance to save that date so we can attend his friend’s daughter’s birthday party at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. We got dressed up and I even made a Twilight bracelet, knowing she loved Twilight and headed to the party. When we arrived, he held the door for me to enter. Everybody yelled, “Surprise!” I stood there frozen as I glanced the private room. I was so happy to see my family and friends. I started to tremble from being overjoyed and from having all eyes on me. At this point I still couldn’t move until my mom stood in front of me and hugged me. Tears of happiness flowed as I turned to thank my husband. My children, Joshua and Kaitlin looked just as surprised. I wish you could have seen their faces, they were also in shock. They didn’t know either…lol!!!  Each table was decorated with beautiful arrangements of flowers. The cake was specially made to match the theme. He even went to Michael’s to purchase activities for the young ones to do. He even made up games to revolve around me. I couldn’t imagine a more perfect way to celebrate my 40th. As you all may already know, Michael’s character is based on my husband. He is my guardian angel…hehe!!!
Not only is Mary here with her fabulous guest post but she is also giving away 3 signed copies of Between and a beautiful snowflake pendant to go with each book. Click here to enter the giveaway!
Thanks for stopping by Mary and congratulations on Between!
You can read my review of Between here
You can read my review of Crossroads here
Information on how to follow the author :)
twitter @maryting

5 comments:

  1. I love Mary! She is AWESOME and so cute! LOVE, LOVE her books! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Mary is great. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That is the coolest! It has been an awesome experience getting to know Mary Ting both as a writer and a friend. She has one of the most beautiful hearts and it comes across in her writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about Mary. She is a wonderful person, such a sweetie! I have really enjoyed working with her. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!