Thursday, April 26, 2012

Erratic Thinking on Thursday


It's been a crazy week around here! My oldest daughter had been battling some pain in her right side especially when she would eat fat. We suspected it was possibly some gall bladder sludge like her father had experienced a few years ago. Anyway last Friday the pain became unbearable and I took her to the emergency room where she was admitted. On Saturday a stone was removed from her bile duct and on Sunday her gall bladder was removed. It was crazy scary and exhausting. I stayed at the hospital with her until Monday when they released her. They really don't let you get much sleep in a hospital! She is doing very well now and I expect her to be fully recovered before the homeschool prom in May. I think I've finally caught up on my sleep too. Now I just have to catch up on my reading. Unfortunately, I couldn't concentrate enough to get any reading done while we were there. 

In other news. My younger daughter is currently performing in the local homeschooling group's production of Annie. I had to miss both shows last weekend while I was in the hospital but I am really looking forward to attending both shows this weekend. I'm so blessed that my little girl had so much family and so many friends attend the shows last weekend when I could not. 


Right now I'm reading Tomorrow Land originally released as Razor Girl. I'm about 60 pages in and am enjoying it so far. It's good to be reading again. 
Hope you are having a wonderful non eventful week:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Annie! I love that musical. Please wish her good luck from me :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!