Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tour and Review: Night Sky by Jolene Perry


You don't want to miss Night Sky by Jolene Perry!


After losing Sarah, the friend he’s loved, to some other guy, Jameson meets Sky. Her Native American roots, fluid movements, and need for brutal honesty become addictive fast. This is good. Jameson needs distraction – his dad leaves for another woman, his mom’s walking around like a zombie, and Sarah’s new boyfriend can’t keep his hands off of her.

As he spends time with Sky and learns about her village, her totems, and her friends with drums - she's way more than distraction. Jameson's falling for her fast.

But Sky’s need for honesty somehow doesn’t extend to her life story – and Jameson just may need more than his new girl to keep him distracted from the disaster of his senior year.


Jolene Perry's Bio:
Jolene grew up in Wasilla, Alaska. She graduated from Southern Utah University with a degree in political science and French, which she used to teach math to middle schoolers.

After living in Washington, Utah and Las Vegas, she now resides in Alaska with her husband, and two children. Aside from writing, Jolene sews, plays the guitar, sings when forced, and spends as much time outside as possible.

She is also the author of The Next Door Boys and the upcoming Knee Deep.

My Thoughts:
Night Sky was one of those books that you start before bed thinking "I'll just read a few chapters" then you look at the clock, it's 2 a.m. and your just about finished, so you end up staying up, because you have to know what will happen to this boy that you've fallen in love with in the last few hours. 

Written from Jameson's point of view really made this book special for me. I haven't read many contemporary books that show what the guy is feeling and I must say I loved it. I loved getting to know Jameson by reading what he was thinking, feeling and doing. I also must admit that part of the reason that he was so appealing to me was because he was generally a really great guy. Yeah, he was a bit emo at times, but who isn't when they are feeling rejected or when in those beginning stages of falling in love. I don't think those emotions should belong strictly to girls. 

Perry does a fantastic job of writing those scenes where the falling in love is practically glittering in the air all around you. She was also able to make my heart constrict right along with Jameson when he felt as if his heart was breaking. With so many ups and downs I was emotionally drained by the time that I read the last word, but in an amazing I'll be thinking of this book for a while kind of way. 

Do yourself a favor and pick this book up, find a nice cozy spot with a drink and a snack because I'm pretty sure you won't want to stop reading till the very end. 



Night Sky web site:http://www.night-sky-book.com



Jolene Perry's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/JoleneBPerry

Jolene Perry's Website:
http://www.jolenebperry.com/




1 comment:

  1. Shari, I'm glad this one of those stay-up-late, grab-a-snack-and-read kinda books - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!