Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday First - The Survivors

The Survivors
Author: Amanda Havard
Goodreads link

"We are decided then," he said, but doubts plagued his mind.

So this sentence isn't a mind blowing first sentence but i decided to keep reading anyway :) I'm really looking forward to this book. Here is just a small teaser from the back cover. 

In 1692, when witch trials gripped the community of Salem, Massachusetts, twenty-six children were accused as witches, exiled, and left for dead. Fourteen of them survived.


The first sentence of a book can really set the mood so to speak.  When I'm shopping for books I always read the first sentence.  A lot of times that first one can be my deciding factor. I found this meme over at Well-Read Reviews you can find all of the rules and particulars there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!