Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF!! Friday's Hop and Follow Day! 8/27/2010

Hello and welcome to my blog. If you've never been here before and even if you have WELCOME!!! I'm glad you stopped by. I've been blogging for a few months now and I love it. I love all of the blogging friends I've made, and all of the authors I've "met", and I love waking up and having comments from other book lovers all around the world. I enjoy reading lots of different genres but right now I seem to be leaning toward Young Adult books, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Romance which could include some Erotica. I hope you enjoy your time here at My Neurotic Book Affair.

There are some rules to the blogger hop and you can read them in detail over at Crazy For Books she hosts this Blogger Hop every week. Basically you sign up, visit other blogs, become a follower if you like their blog, comment letting the blogger know you stopped by, and then they return the favor by stopping by your blog. Crazy for Books likes to have a question every week too so that we can get to know each other better and this week the question was thought up by Books Are A Girl's Best Friend
Do you use a rating system for your reviews and if so, what is it and why?
Yes I do. I rate almost every book I read. I started rating my books on shelfari even before I started blogging. I did this so that I could quickly look back to see how much I loved or didn't love a book. That's still why I do it on my blog, only now it's so other people can quickly see how much I loved or didn't love a book. If they like the rating I figure they might even stay to read the review.

9 comments:

  1. Stopping by via the Hop! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by for the hop!!!! Have a fun filled weekend!!!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by via the hop. Like your blog. Feel free to hop over and check out my blog.

    Happy Reaing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog! =) I am now following you! I, too, am excited for Awakened by Ednah Walters! =) Have a great weekend!

    -Bailey at IB Book Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping by....

    Stop by my blog if you get a chance for reviews on I'd Know you Anywhere by Laura Lippman, Saving Cee Cee Honeycut by Beth Hoffman, and many others.

    Happy Hopping, Everyone....hop on over to my blog to see my answer to the rating question.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shari! I just found you via the Blog Hop. I rate my books, too, and for the exact reasons you stated. It's easy for me and my readers to see at a glance how I felt about a certain book.

    I'll be back often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower from the hop! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your blog colors and template!! Very nice. I will look forward to reading your comments as we share some of the same interests!
    Smiles!
    http://thedelusionaldiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Shari! Just dropping by from the hop. :)

    Have a nice weekend. :)


    -Len-
    Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your rating system, goes really well with your header picture :D! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!